The Things I do as an Army Wife
Yesterday, I started thinking about how different my life is now, vs. this time last year. For those of you that know me "in real life," I am a VERY different person now! How?
1. I wake up whenever the alarm clock goes off, regardless if the little hand is on the 4, 5, or 6. I get up, and pack breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner for The Boy - depending on what the day is going to look like.
2. Since we are still sharing one car, I take The Boy to work. 99% of the time in my pajamas. (Pooh or Piglet flannels, typically.)
3. I keep a ziploc bag of soup or chili on hand in the freezer at all times, because you "never know" when you're going to need it.
4. I sometimes accept rides from total strangers.
5. I sometimes give rides to total strangers.
6. "Morgen" comes out of my mouth so much more than "Morning" does.
7. Instead of saying my real name, Sarah introduces me to her friends as "The Girl." It cracks me up every time.
8. I know how to do html tags :)
9. I take pictures of funny signs all over Europe. My favorites have to do with crosswalks - apparently, translation of "button" is very hard. I have pictures of signs saying "press yellow bottom," and "press botton."
10. I now pay attention to the 6 hr time difference so that I don't call my mom at 3am again.
11. When The Boy announced at 5am this morning that it was 38 degrees, I cheered. He took his PT test today, and 38 was quite a bit warmer than it has been at that hour.
12. My parents taped and sent over a new NBC show called E-Ring. During one important scene, I spontaneously shouted out, "HEY! First Cav!" after seeing the very recognizable patch.
I'm sure that as time goes on, this list will grow longer. It was just amusing to me to think about it today.

1 Comments:
Hi - You don't know me at all, but I stumbled on you from a friend - Learning to Live - and then quickly (it's a boring day for me) wanted to read all of your other stuff. Anyway, found this one and I have a great picture of a sign from Schweinfurt when we were there. Don't know how to send it to you, but think you'd get a kick out of it. Let me know if you'd like to see!
Post a Comment
<< Home