A Change will do (me) Good
I didn't realize how oppressive it felt to be at my post - surrounded by family members and friends who are the ones "left behind." I didn't realize because I was living it every single day. And now, I'm on a temporary assignment that takes me to a different post. A post with no deployed Soldiers. A post that is enabling me to feel like I can breathe fresh air again.
I talked to The Boy a few days ago, and told him how different it feels here - and how maybe I really need to pay more attention to myself, and less to everyone else. I think I need to be selfish for a little bit - and I can't see how that's a bad thing.
This deployment is really opening my eyes to a lot of things with me, personally. I'm learning who the people are who love me unconditionally. I'm learning how much of my mother's incessant questioning I can handle. But I think the most interesting part is discovering just how much I can take before I need to re-charge my own batteries.
A trip to the States to see my family will be forthcoming in the next few weeks. I need some family time.

2 Comments:
This comment has been removed by the author.
There are times, I am sure, that doing the same things everyday help you get through those days, but nothing can help you like going home for a while.
Girl, we (our family over here) are proud of you and and the Boy!
Post a Comment
<< Home