Sunday, September 24, 2006

Guess who we met today....


Today was a very cool day. It was one of those days you look back at and grin, the kind you tell your buddies about, and they wish they were there too. Today, The Girl and I met the Band of Brothers. 10 members from Easy Company, made famous by the HBO series, were in our area. We stalked them down and hung out with them as they walked around with and visited with Soldiers. It was amazing to be around them. I felt like a junior high school kid afraid to talk to the prettiest girl at the dance,thinking I would say something stupid or I would be bothersome to them. But when I did talk to them, they were polite and genuinely appreciative of the thanks and attention being shown them. For someone who grew up in the middle of the country, I have gotten to see many famous people up close. Hundreds of major sporting events have exposed me to numerous sports figures and celebrities. Harold Baines, a border-line Hall of Famer in Major League Baseball, stole my Sharpie at a White Sox game. I used a urinal next to Blake Shelton in San Antonio. At the 1996 Atlanta Olympics, I chatted with the likes of Shaquille O'Neal, Bruce Willis, and Katie Couric. None of my other celebrity sitings compared to today. These men deserve every bit of "celebrity" status that is given to them. If you haven't ever read the book or watched the DVD's, do so at the earliest chance you get. And by all means, if the Band of Brothers ever come to your location, take the time to go and see them. You will not be disappointed.

2 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Oh you are joking! How come the coolest thing that's ever happened in Vils happens when I leave?

That would've been better than the red carpet...

 
At 5:32 AM, Blogger Erin said...

Ditto what Sarah said. I'm so sad I missed that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home