Friday, November 26, 2004

Giving Thanks

Last night at Jim & Jen's house, I was told a story about how at a previous Thanksgiving dinner, they had to go around the table telling everyone in attendance what they were thankful for. I thought a lot about this last night, as I have a LOT to be thankful for this year.

First of all, I am very thankful for the Boy. After almost giving up the hope that I would find him, I did find my match :) We met, interestingly enough, via Yahoo's personals. I was trying to do homework - which I finished, just shy of the midnight deadline. We ended up "chatting" that night for somewhere around 7 hours. A few dates (and many hours on the phone and online) later, knowing that he had orders for Germany in 2005... I cornered him and told him that we either needed to decide to be "just friends" or stop seeing each other. I was not going to be one of "those girls" that sits at home and pines away for her Army boyfriend on the other side of the world. Needless to say, he didn't choose either of these options. And, I am thankful for that, too.

I'm thankful for my family, though things have been very strained with the upcoming wedding and then move... I am thankful that they are trying.

I'm thankful for friends like Melissa & Sandra and Jim & Jen C., Jen A., and Gerald. They make me smile even when I don't want to sometimes.

I'm thankful for the new perspective that being an Army bride brings to my life.

I'm thankful that I've been blessed with health and happiness and love.

What about you?

1 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Blogger Jen Ambrose said...

What do you think?
I am thankful for my family. And good health that seems to be running in it this year.
I am thankful for my friends, who have come into my life from so many different places it seems unreal to me at times.
I am thankful not to be pregnant again yet hahahahahaha.
Threw that one in for laughs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home