Saturday, January 07, 2006

New Year's Resolution..and a life of crime

One of my New Year's Resolutions this year was to post more on this blog. It is after all called "A Soldier and his Wife". The Soldier has been very absent from postings so far, and I have resolved to change that.

Quite often The Girl has made the comment after I have been ranting about a incident, "You should blog about that". As luck would have it, soon after I made my new resolution, one such incident took place. The day of our return from Edelweiss, we were listening to our phone messages only to hear an urgent sounding message from my NCOIC. I returned the message only to find the post MP's had been looking for me. It turns out the German Polizei had been looking for me for an October speeding ticket. The problem was, they had never bothered to contact me. They had supposedly sent a notice to my unit, to an address their representitive admitted was not a good address. And there was a hand written history of phone calls to an unknown number, and a name of an NCO I had never heard of. Oh, and then there was an imaginary call to the Girl. The problem with that call was that they had no home number for us, and we were in Edelweiss on the day they supposedly called. And if all of this wasn't enough, on the photo, you cannot see our license plate. We questioned how they know this was us, and we were told they had a better picture, but they couldn't produce it for us. Then I asked if I could change the contact info so that I could get informed at home, and was told that their representitive could not change it, and she did not know who could. But all of this was our fault, because we should have seen "the flash." All in all, not a good welcome back from leave.

All of this drama for a 20 Euro fine for 6 miles an hour over the speed limit.

2 Comments:

At 4:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the trouble you have. It's good to see some pictures of Vilseck...even it's just the movies.

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

We had friends who got a big ticket (construction zone, 250 Euro) and they took away the soldier's license. No big whoop since he was leaving for Kosovo in a week. But months after he left, his wife tried to do something and found that they had accidentally taken away HER license instead and that she had been driving illegally for half a year! What a mess...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home