Getting close now....
Our home is full of boxes. Our conversations center around unaccompanied baggage vs. household goods. We spend our nights sorting through papers and deciding exactly what we can and can't live without. Deciding which Piglet goes with on the plane and which ones go in the household goods is not a decision one makes in haste. It is almost time to PCS to Germany.
What was once next year is now next month. I work my last full day tommorow in my clinic. I begin my good-byes to co-workers and my patients, and I have to admit a little bit of sadness in there. The good-bye party is set for next week. The movers will also visit us next week. The cleaning of TA-50 will begin. (MEDDAC does not issue nor dirty much TA-50) So much to do in such a now short amount of time. I know a whole new adventure filled with great new friends and experiences await us in Germany, but in all the packing and sorting, a little sadness pokes his head in. I have made some great friends at this post, ones I will always keep in contact with. I have learned so much as a healthcare provider, a Soldier, and as an NCO here. I hate good-byes. But I am very much looking forward to the new challenges and opportunities of Germany. Probably should get to bed soon. Don't want to be late for the last day.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home